It is the discreet yet genuine care in our Residential Homes, provided by our dedicated staff, which has enabled the CRH Trust to thrive for over 70 years. A warm, secure and friendly environment is provided where privacy, dignity and independence are respected. Each Home is run by a qualified and experienced Manager together with understanding staff who are trained to help and support. Safeguards are in place where appropriate but otherwise residents are free to come and go as they please with relatives and friends, provided the Manager is made aware. As far as possible nobody ever goes to a medical, dental or eye appointment alone.
A Home is only as good as its staff and the Trust is rightly proud of those integral to its continued success. In all three Homes, the care assistants, domestic staff and caterers work as a team and are highly thought of by residents, friends and families. Comments are frequently received highlighting not only their discreet efficiency and caring skills but also their commitment to each resident. Under the supervision of highly experienced Managers, all staff complete on-going training to competent NVQ levels.
Every room has ensuite facilities and is tastefully decorated and furnished. Of course, personal touches may be added to make each room more homely. There is a discreet emergency call system if help is needed. TV and telephone points are installed.
Mealtimes are a significant part of every day. Each Home has its own chef and fresh, local produce is used to create a variety of home-cooked meals. These are enjoyed either in the bright, cosy dining rooms or taken in one’s own room. Friends and relatives can join in for a small charge. All dietary needs are catered for, as are suggestions and requests.
- A variety of recreational and social events are arranged in each Home so residents can be as active or relaxed as they choose.
- Light exercise classes are very popular as are the gentler arts and crafts afternoons.
- Entertainers visit the Homes frequently and in-house concerts are enjoyed by all.
- Excursions, boat trips and visits to the countryside are arranged regularly.
- Themed lunches are fun for all when the Chefs and staff go to town with specially prepared food and room decorations for occasions such as Valentine’s Day or St. Georges Day.
- Summer fetes and Christmas festivities enable residents to spend special time together with their families and friends.
Paid monthly, fees include accommodation, full board, in-house laundering of personal items and the provision of 24 hr care. Additional costs include hairdressing, chiropody, opticians and physiotherapy appointments. Newspapers, dry cleaning and private telephone bills are to be paid for privately.